You have seen it from magazines. You might even have stayed in one of the Boho chic hotels.
Want to renovate your house and tired of all the typical interior design styles? Try modern boho chic home decor!
It is very special and compatible with all color themes! The best feature of modern boho chic home decor is that, it makes you feel like you are travelling and staying in a local hostel (meaning you can feel like travelling every day!).
If you are someone who loves travel but do not always have that, you should definitely modern boho chic home decor!
Types of boho decor
The word ‘bohemian’ refers to someone who is socially unconventional and often involved in the arts. Bohemians are of free-spirited and don’t do anything to conform but to please themselves.
Bohemian chic interior design is an unique, bright, patterned, multi-cultural style of memorable layers and elements you simply can’t miss or forget. It is a rich interior design style full of visual interests and a relaxed spirit.
But what makes bohemian style so distinctive and viable, and how do you get the look right in your home without coming off as heavy handed? First, learn the different types of Boho decor.
- Boho chic style is a style drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences. In general, boho chic style is comfortable, unconventional, laid back, and self-expressive.
- Modern boho style is a vibrant, colorful, eclectic, laid-back aesthetic, full of patterns and textiles and displays of accumulated global goods.
- Moroccan bohemian style is bold and bright. It features a blend of ornate patterns, vibrant colors, and metallic accents for a worldly vibe. Elaborately carved wood furniture sets the backdrop for vivid reds, oranges, blues, and greens. Pouf ottomans with intricate stitching lend a relaxed-but-chic feel to any room.
- Mexican bohemian style is about lots of natural-colored wooden and wicker furniture and décor pieces. It gives the home a very warm and inviting look. Folk textiles and works of local artisans give the style a unique look and character of original touch.
- Urban boho style is more fresh and modern. It takes all the most popular elements of boho (Rattan, macramé, brightly colored pillows and textiles), but also adds a new spin on things by pairing these elements with a variety of unexpected decor and furniture.
- Dark boho style features dark color furniture draped in layers of textured textiles. Pile throw pillows on couches and floors to ensure comfort anywhere. It is a relaxing style designed for friends passing through, inspiring conversations. The style brings out the artist in everyone.
How to get bohemian decor on a budget?
A bohemian décor can be achieved with low budget. The very nature of this eclectic style can take advantage of re-purposing and reclaiming items to use for very little cost.
You should play up the free-spirited form of this design by turning your creativity and imagination loose. Here are our main tips.
- Choose A Base Color
- Find A Theme
- Start With The Visual Focus Main Floor Area Or Wall
- Create A Home Botanicals
- Experiment With Fabric Patterns & Colors
- Setup Fun Creative Window Treatments
- Use Embellishments and Trimmings On Fabrics
- Get A Low-Lying Furniture
- Source Local Market Vintage Items Of Stories
- Go Opposite Of Minimalism
- Dare To try Bright Colors
- Make Your Own Art
- Mix With Metallics And Mirrors
- Layer Up Your Collections
- Show Up Artistic accessories From World Travels
Boho chic decor living room
Look at these boho chic living rooms! The boho style home decor is genuinely compatible with all color themems – from warm colors to cold colors. The modern boho style also has included the features of other home decor styles – it can be minimalist or complex, it can bring warm vibes or dark chills.
Boho chic decor bedroom
Imagine waking up to these boho chic bedroom decor, it would kick start the day with thes best way. These modern boho chic bedrooms can show you more clearly of how compatible boho interior style is. It can be cottage-boho or tropical-boho, it is all up to you to decide!
Boho chic office style
Since a lot of us are working from home now, why not spend some time on designing our home office? “I can do boho style on my home office as well?” Of course, why not? The fact that the boho chic office style is not trendy is still one of the biggest mysteries. They are so easy to design and neat and tidy, definitely perfect for work-from-home office.
Boho home kitchen decor
Boho home kitchen decor is probably is most commonly seen among all boho home decor. Though you can always add in your personality or features when planning a modern Boho chic style, for kitchen decoration, warm boho decor is the most recommended.
Modern boho style bathroom
A lot of poeple look preplexed when they are suggested to do a modern boho style bedroom. They just cannot picture how all the boho patterns and plants would blend into the bathroom. Well, boho decor style is more than the patterns and plants, it can be the vibes and use of color. Some of the boho bathroom ideas below do not have so many patterns or plants, but you can still get that they are modern boho style bathrooms.
Modern boho chic decor
Here are some random pictures of house designed and decorated perfectly with the modern Boho chic style. But they are combined with preferences of the owners so the Boho style may not stand out as much as the pictures above. If you would like to do a boho style decor but not so obviously, you should absolutely learn from them.
Boho chic party decor
Here come something really special – Boho chic style party decorations! Never thought this existed, right? Boho chic party decor is very rare and it certainly worth a try! Boho style itself brings a festive vibe which is suitable for parties or other celebrations!
Boho chic wedding decor
If you choose the right furniture, modern Boho style can also look formal and be applied to important occasions like wedding ceremonies! Boho style can actually make the venue looks more classy and elegant naturally without spending much.
Understand more about Boho decor style now? Go and design your own Boho! For any questions, please do not hestitate to contact us!